Due to continued expansion FINDRA are now looking to recruit a part time (30 hours) experienced Product Developer to join our team in the Innerleithen offices.
Based in the Scottish Borders, FINDRA is an award winning outdoor clothing brand. The business designs and sells outdoor clothing and accessories through their online shop, wholesale accounts and via the FINDRA Design hub.
FINDRA is an award winning outdoor adventure clothing brand designed and created to suit the needs of those who enjoy participating in outdoor activities.
Founded in 2014 FINDRA has grown steadily over the past 3 years. Positioned as a premium lifestyle brand, FINDRA has a strong brand ethos that strives to generate customer affinity and loyalty. FINDRA’s USP’s lie in two key areas. Its unique brand proposition and a product offering of stylish, understated performance clothing that the customer can enjoy wearing any time, whether for outdoor activities or for leisure purposes.
Working closely with the brand founder and designer the role of Product Developer is to support the technical development of garments and accessories from concept through to final sealed sample and ultimately bulk production within the specified seasonal timeline.
- Support the designer in the end-to-end quality of fit and construction of the products.
- Liaise closely with the designer translating ideas and concepts into technically specified products.
- Produce clear and detailed product specification in the form of tech packs and garment BOMS.
- Liaise confidently with fabric and trim suppliers as well as manufacturers.
- Work closely with the supplier on the development of the garment to ensure high quality products and attention to detail.
- Identify and work to specific garment cost structures as outlined within the business.
- Assess and identify areas to improve margins and seek out opportunities to improve cost engineering.
- Manage end-to-end coordination of seasonal fit meetings in line with the business’s critical path.
- Assess garment construction, fit and detail, including any areas of weakness of garment risk.
- Organise and liaise with garment testing processes with external test houses.
- Understand and conform to standards and safety regulations.
- Ensure consistency of use of brand logo in accordance with brand guidelines.
- Ensure consistency of fit and quality.
- Create detailed and informative size chart for use by online and wholesale customers.
- Create graded size sets for each garment and liaise clearly with the suppliers.
- Creation of the seasonal timeline/ critical path ensuring its effective time management.
- When required you may have to travel to meet with suppliers to view their processes and factory.
- Review and research manufacturer’s policies and processes with regards to ethical practices to ensure integrity and transparency within the supply chain.
- Educated to degree level or similar in a Textile/ Fashion related field.
- Extensive experience within the technical apparel and or knitwear industry.
- Sound knowledge of technical performance garments.
- Proven track record and experience of working within a similar role.
- Knowledge of technical fabrics.
- Knowledge of construction fit and pattern grading for CMT and knitwear construction.
- Knowledge of size set grading.
- Strong confident communication skills.
- Skills in Adobe Illustrator or similar CAD package to create technical garment drawings.
- Knowledge and experience of using Microsoft packages
- Excellent time management skills.
- A meticulous attention to detail and desire to ensure information is accurate and communicated well.
- Team player who can multi task and work under pressure from tight deadlines.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organised efficient and delivery focused.
Applicants should apply either in writing, or by email, enclosing a CV and covering letter demonstrating all relevant experience.
Please send this to:-
FINDRA Design Hub 83 High Street Innerleithen Peeblesshire EH44 6HD
Closing date for application is Friday 23rd of February 2018